Tuesday 5 July 2016

LO2: House Style Ideas

Colours
The main colours that are a part of my house style are yellow and grey, with splashes of red and black here and there to add boldness. This is because steel is grey (the first part of my festival's name), and the "thunder" section of the name will be made up of  bright yellow lightning bolts. The bright yellow colour has connotations of energy, speed, adrenaline and electricity, which are all key elements of a rock festival, while the grey colour connotes the cool, no-nonsense attitude that goes along with the genre. The reds and blacks (which might be used on a building or an instrument on my promotional material, for instance) are deeper colours and add more interest and style to the package, while still having those rebellious, no-nonsense, energetic connotations which are synonymous with the genre.


Images
There are certain images which I will use as part of my house style too - they will be seen across my promotional package. These are items like guitars, drums, drum sticks, cymbals and lightning bolts. The instruments that I mentioned are almost always used in rock bands and so are synonymous with the genre - perfect for a promotional package for a rock festival. Also, as I have previously mentioned on my blog, lightning bolts are very commonly seen in in rock bands' artwork and rock festivals' promotional material. This is because of their connotations which work perfectly with the genre and target audience (males aged 18-30 in my case) - energy, power and electricity.

In my next post which contains sketches of potential logos and products, you will be able to see where I have placed elements of my house style that I have mentioned here. I have placed annotations on the sketches which tell you when something is a part of the house style, and how it relates to the target audience and genre of my festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment