Tuesday 5 July 2016

LO2: Font Style Ideas

Below are some fonts that I found on dafont.com, which I thought might work well for designing different versions of my "Steel Thunder" logo. Obviously, since everything I create must be original, I will be manipulating any of these fonts that I use in Adobe Illustrator when making my logo.
I like this font because it looks like it is made up of lightning bolts, which is something that I planned for the "thunder" section of my logo. I could definitely utilise the "T" in this font, because it is pretty much exactly how I want the T to look in one of my logo designs - I could bring down the "T" of the word "steel" to begin the word "thunder".

I like this font because it is bold and solid, two things that I was looking for for the "steel" part of my logo. This is because steel is strong and solid, and I wanted the font for the word to reflect these properties. I would colour the text grey also, to make it look more like steel.

This font is another which I could possibly use for the word "thunder". It isn't quite as hard-hitting as the Thundercover font, but it still has a style that represents lightning and power. I think it could work quite well for the "thunder" word in one of my logo designs. I might combine it with the A Love of Thunder font.

Lemon Milk is another font which I think could be used for the word "steel". This is because it is bold and solid, in a similar way to A Love of Thunder. It has slightly sharper edges however, and this might work well for a more powerful and striking version of my logo. I would colour it grey to represent steel.
Finally, this Road Rage font is one that I thought could be used for the "thunder" word. This is because it has spiky edges everywhere and the text is generally very rough and rugged. It has connotations of rebellion, power, energy and electricity, perfect for the genre of the festival and therefore for the logo. I might use only certain letters of this font, however, as it might be overpowering if I use it for too much of the logo.

Here are some examples of how I have manipulated some of these fonts in Illustrator:
Road Rage

Lemon Milk

Thundercover

No comments:

Post a Comment